For the first time, health research will provide an understanding of how people, places and their health are adapting to the economic, social, environmental and technological changes of this century.
- Ipswich is a microcosm of established, developing, rural, urban and high and low socio-economic areas, and so provides a diverse community in which to gather information.
- Ipswich is ethnically diverse and is recognised as one of the world’s most liveable cities.
- Ipswich has a strong community spirit, where research outcomes can build on community strengths.
- Ipswich has successfully implemented a range of health projects for improved health and well being.
- Ipswich is growing rapidly and will experience enormous changes in the next twenty years.